Skip to main content

Life Is Beautiful


"La Vita e Bella"

This is Italian for "Life is Beautiful" and it is. To often we look at our struggles and ask "why me?" or "life sucks" but when you stop and think about the things you have, you can only be thankful, there are people that have it far worse.

This was another experiment, I purchased a product called Brusho from Colourcraft, it is basically a powdered/crystalized ink. If you like how unpredictable watercolors are then you have to give these a try. I started of with the 12 pc set, I did not want to invest too much to try something out. You can still use these as watercolors but you have to be mindful not to accidentally get crystals from one color mixed with another. I think these are great for making some kick-ass backgrounds. This was one of a couple of attempts, I am still trying to figure this medium out. I used watercolor masking for the tree and lettering. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of Patterns

Still just doodling away, my goal is to fill this small sketchbook up over the next few months.  The biggest challenge with this trying to use different patters for each section.

My Three Trees

I have been experimenting with Ph Martin inks lately, I like them.  They are pretty much like watercolors but seem to have a bit more pigment in them. The background on this was done with the inks, the clouds and the foreground was done using black and white gouache.  I feel like I am the middle tree, my dreams are on one side of me growing larger and larger, while my regular 9 to 5 is on the other getting smaller. I am reaching for the dream but I still have the 9 to 5 pulling at me. One day it will only be the two trees and I intend on it being the larger one. Dream big and don't give up, through all the fog there is a bright future.

Jasper's Cat Naps

Usually the reason for me having problems creating is becuase I have artist block or just too busy, well now I have a new problem. Mr. Jasper has found a new napping place. This creates a big problem on so many levels: He is in my way As you can see, he is very hairy and has a lot of hair balls which he has no issues getting rid of wherever he would like. Again, very hairy and he sheds, on everything including the painting I was working on. (good thing I was not happy with the painting). He will push off anything in his way Along with my art desk he has found a few other places, our computer desk, in front of the satellite receiver, the bathtub and the bin where I keep my art towels.  Along with is odd sleeping area he now has fleas. I will not say where he got these from but I do know the source. Now its off to the pet store to find a product to put on him because giving this cat a bath is a death sentence for anyone that attempts it. We have never had a flea proble...