Skip to main content

Digital Zentangle

Well it took me a little over a week and half but I have finally finished it. I wanted to put my tablet to good use for what I originally wanted it for, sketching. I was at a stand still, I have this huge piece of watercolor paper that I want to use for a large Zentangle™ project and I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I grabbed my tablet and just let it flow. I wanted to test out patterns and that is what I did.  I will admit, I think I would like this even more if I had added color.




I am not advertising for Samsung, but I will say the Samsung Note Pro 12 is a great tablet. If you can not afford or just do not want to spend over a $1000 for an actual artist tablet (I am not talking about the once you use with your computer) then this is the next best thing in my eyes.

I love traditional art, nothing is compares to it. There is so much in a piece of art that was created with a paint brush, pen, ink, etc. But the sad thing is a lot of things go digital. How long will it be before Fine art is created on a computer? People are on a mission to find easier ways of doing things and they look toward technology to do that. I have seen great artwork done on tablets but nothing bets seeing and feeling the brush strokes and the little imperfection in a traditional piece of art.

So for the time being I will continue to use my tablet as a sketchbook when I want a break from paper or canvas but I will always have a paint brush or pen in the other hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lots of Patterns

Still just doodling away, my goal is to fill this small sketchbook up over the next few months.  The biggest challenge with this trying to use different patters for each section.

Jasper's Cat Naps

Usually the reason for me having problems creating is becuase I have artist block or just too busy, well now I have a new problem. Mr. Jasper has found a new napping place. This creates a big problem on so many levels: He is in my way As you can see, he is very hairy and has a lot of hair balls which he has no issues getting rid of wherever he would like. Again, very hairy and he sheds, on everything including the painting I was working on. (good thing I was not happy with the painting). He will push off anything in his way Along with my art desk he has found a few other places, our computer desk, in front of the satellite receiver, the bathtub and the bin where I keep my art towels.  Along with is odd sleeping area he now has fleas. I will not say where he got these from but I do know the source. Now its off to the pet store to find a product to put on him because giving this cat a bath is a death sentence for anyone that attempts it. We have never had a flea proble...

My Three Trees

I have been experimenting with Ph Martin inks lately, I like them.  They are pretty much like watercolors but seem to have a bit more pigment in them. The background on this was done with the inks, the clouds and the foreground was done using black and white gouache.  I feel like I am the middle tree, my dreams are on one side of me growing larger and larger, while my regular 9 to 5 is on the other getting smaller. I am reaching for the dream but I still have the 9 to 5 pulling at me. One day it will only be the two trees and I intend on it being the larger one. Dream big and don't give up, through all the fog there is a bright future.