Skip to main content

A Great Book

I have never been a big reader, I hated reading until I picked up one book in particular. I had a friend tell me about a book that had been out for about 8 months at the time, "Fifty Shades of Grey."
Yes I was one of those women that read them all, and I love Ellie Goulding song, "Love Me Like You Do," her newest album is great too. I will admit, I was not impressed by the movie, of course most book to movies rarely are as good as the book. So in one of my moments where I was having a block I played with some lettering and tangling, here is the finished result:


I wanted to add a little color so I used watercolor pencils to add color to the word bubbles. I am very happy with the end results. I still find it amazing, you can finish one project and think it's just ok then go back to it a few days later and love it. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Three Trees

I have been experimenting with Ph Martin inks lately, I like them.  They are pretty much like watercolors but seem to have a bit more pigment in them. The background on this was done with the inks, the clouds and the foreground was done using black and white gouache.  I feel like I am the middle tree, my dreams are on one side of me growing larger and larger, while my regular 9 to 5 is on the other getting smaller. I am reaching for the dream but I still have the 9 to 5 pulling at me. One day it will only be the two trees and I intend on it being the larger one. Dream big and don't give up, through all the fog there is a bright future.

Lots of Patterns

Still just doodling away, my goal is to fill this small sketchbook up over the next few months.  The biggest challenge with this trying to use different patters for each section.

Jasper's Cat Naps

Usually the reason for me having problems creating is becuase I have artist block or just too busy, well now I have a new problem. Mr. Jasper has found a new napping place. This creates a big problem on so many levels: He is in my way As you can see, he is very hairy and has a lot of hair balls which he has no issues getting rid of wherever he would like. Again, very hairy and he sheds, on everything including the painting I was working on. (good thing I was not happy with the painting). He will push off anything in his way Along with my art desk he has found a few other places, our computer desk, in front of the satellite receiver, the bathtub and the bin where I keep my art towels.  Along with is odd sleeping area he now has fleas. I will not say where he got these from but I do know the source. Now its off to the pet store to find a product to put on him because giving this cat a bath is a death sentence for anyone that attempts it. We have never had a flea proble...