Skip to main content

Full Page Zentangle™ Inspired Art

I decided to give a full page Zentangle™ a try this weekend. This time I did it with no planning what so ever, no string line, I just let it flow. There are some parts of this page I really wish I had not added but then there are also a lot that I really do like. I think for my next one I will try to do a little more planning.





I used my Micron and Copic pens to draw out everything, with a few I did use pencil first. Once I knew the ink was dry I added a little color with watercolors. I am still a little rusty with the watercolors but I wanted to add a little shading. After a little more practice should be no problem.


These are a couple of close-ups of the page I really liked the way the two larger flowers came out and the look of the simpler tangles. I took a chance on a couple of more complicated tangles and think I could probably benefit from practicing them. All in all, I am happy with the way this came out, especially since it took a total of about 5-6 hours to complete. Well worth the time and effort, can't wait to start the next one. I would really love to get some ideas for the next one.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Three Trees

I have been experimenting with Ph Martin inks lately, I like them.  They are pretty much like watercolors but seem to have a bit more pigment in them. The background on this was done with the inks, the clouds and the foreground was done using black and white gouache.  I feel like I am the middle tree, my dreams are on one side of me growing larger and larger, while my regular 9 to 5 is on the other getting smaller. I am reaching for the dream but I still have the 9 to 5 pulling at me. One day it will only be the two trees and I intend on it being the larger one. Dream big and don't give up, through all the fog there is a bright future.

Lots of Patterns

Still just doodling away, my goal is to fill this small sketchbook up over the next few months.  The biggest challenge with this trying to use different patters for each section.

Jasper's Cat Naps

Usually the reason for me having problems creating is becuase I have artist block or just too busy, well now I have a new problem. Mr. Jasper has found a new napping place. This creates a big problem on so many levels: He is in my way As you can see, he is very hairy and has a lot of hair balls which he has no issues getting rid of wherever he would like. Again, very hairy and he sheds, on everything including the painting I was working on. (good thing I was not happy with the painting). He will push off anything in his way Along with my art desk he has found a few other places, our computer desk, in front of the satellite receiver, the bathtub and the bin where I keep my art towels.  Along with is odd sleeping area he now has fleas. I will not say where he got these from but I do know the source. Now its off to the pet store to find a product to put on him because giving this cat a bath is a death sentence for anyone that attempts it. We have never had a flea proble...