Skip to main content

Are You Afraid of Bugs?

I have a funny reoccurring story that happened to me just about every night when I am at my art table and I am going to share it with you. It may actually be frighting to some.




The house we are in for the moment is very tight so my art table is in the computer room in front of the sliding glass door that never gets used. It usually starts like so, I am minding my own business just working hard on a drawing of some sort, listening to some music, when all of a sudden I hear this little buzzing noise, sometimes I hear the blinds move too. I look around, see nothing and go back to work.


Then like clock work I hear it again, again I look around and see nothing. This happens a few times, then out of the blinds comes flying this crazy bug, scares the shit out of me, making me jump back in my chair and sometimes a little scream. What is this little culprit that tries to terrify me almost every night? It would be that crazy flying beetle called a "June Bug"



Once I have composed myself and I see where this little beast lands I immediately go look for a shoe. Ok, so for all of you that think this is mean, sorry, but I don't like most bugs, especially if for some reason they seem to hone in on you and end up landing on you, plus there are plenty of these around here so there is no worry of extinction. Little did I know that these little bugs could get so big, we have had two squeeze their way into the house that really did freak me and my son out.

 So you guessed it, I smash the bug with what ever shoe I can find. For those of you who think I am mean, I don't do anything to the little guys that are outside where the belong, I'm just not going to let one fly around the house especially with two little ones that will freak out if they see it.

So that it my little story of a crazy bug, all illustrations were done by me, hope you enjoyed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling a Little Ducky

As moving day is coming closer I have had to pack up most of my art supplies, which has limited me to 2 small sketch books, the pens I use the most and my handy, dandy tablet. I have turned to my tablet lately and have been pleasantly surprised by what I have been able to do. I had a very difficult time at first drawing on the tablet so I did more tradition, pen and paper drawings. Since I basically have no supplies for another 30 or so days I have made it a mission to keep creating what ever way I can in between, packing, children, work and life in general. This is how I have started my last 2 tablet drawings: Just a scribble across the entire screen, in the righthand side I saw a penguin and that was were I was going to started, then I on the bottom lefthand side I saw a duck and thats were I started. This is the cute little duck that came from this scribbly mess: I am finding many benefits of sketching on a tablet Layers - I can start a new layer and not

Hey Cupcake

One of my favorite things to bake is cupcakes, so for Day 21 of #inktober you got a cupcake. Of course I can never get my icing as perfect as this but they always taste good. They are so much easier to make then a regular cake, you don't have to worry about the bottom sticking to the pan or cutting the top of the layers to make it flat. Bake the cupcake and throw some icing on them unless of course you are going for a more creative look but even then it's still easier in my opinion. Hey Cupcake keep on inking!!

A Beat Down

I found this Quote and added it to my little painting. Art is my outlet, it relaxes me and helps me to forget about things that make me worry.  Life does beat you down but it's up to you on weather or not you are going to just stand there and take it or fight back. Life is like a road and just like every road there are detours, traffic, pot holes and hills, of course there are roads that are nice and smooth and flows, the ones we all want to be on.  The question is, are you willing to keep driving on those horrible roads to get the the one you want to be on, or stop and pull off because it gets too bumpy. When life beats you down, stand up, dust yourself off and get ready for a fight.