Skip to main content

My Special Collection

I will number this day 3 and 4 of #inktober, time is limited so I finished this one up tonight along with starting another. Day 3's prompt was "collection," and if there is one thing that I have the biggest collection of it is art supplies.


In my journey to find my artistic self I have accumulated a wide verity of art supplies, why you ask, because I want to try everything, I want to see what speaks to me, the collection consist of:

Acrylic paints and mediums, watercolors (of course), markers, pens, pencils, colored pencils, paint markers, and inks. Lets not forget about canvas and papers also.

I have played with just about every medium I can afford and even a few I wish I had not purchased. I will use just about everything I bought unless I absolutely hate it. There are a few that get pushed to the back while I am learning a new medium but I will eventually go back to it. I guess I am still trying to find my niche along with always wanting to try something new. That is one of the reasons I wanted to participate in #inktober, I this will create a better habit of practicing. I have learned one thing over the last couple of years, I have to get more sleep if I ever plan on going anywhere with my art, I am thinking that is where my creativity block starts. 

Happy Inking and Creating

Comments

Unknown said…
That's just part of her collection. I should know. She's
My daughter. What is awesome is she does such a good job with any artistic medium she decides to try.

Popular posts from this blog

My Three Trees

I have been experimenting with Ph Martin inks lately, I like them.  They are pretty much like watercolors but seem to have a bit more pigment in them. The background on this was done with the inks, the clouds and the foreground was done using black and white gouache.  I feel like I am the middle tree, my dreams are on one side of me growing larger and larger, while my regular 9 to 5 is on the other getting smaller. I am reaching for the dream but I still have the 9 to 5 pulling at me. One day it will only be the two trees and I intend on it being the larger one. Dream big and don't give up, through all the fog there is a bright future.

Lots of Patterns

Still just doodling away, my goal is to fill this small sketchbook up over the next few months.  The biggest challenge with this trying to use different patters for each section.

Jasper's Cat Naps

Usually the reason for me having problems creating is becuase I have artist block or just too busy, well now I have a new problem. Mr. Jasper has found a new napping place. This creates a big problem on so many levels: He is in my way As you can see, he is very hairy and has a lot of hair balls which he has no issues getting rid of wherever he would like. Again, very hairy and he sheds, on everything including the painting I was working on. (good thing I was not happy with the painting). He will push off anything in his way Along with my art desk he has found a few other places, our computer desk, in front of the satellite receiver, the bathtub and the bin where I keep my art towels.  Along with is odd sleeping area he now has fleas. I will not say where he got these from but I do know the source. Now its off to the pet store to find a product to put on him because giving this cat a bath is a death sentence for anyone that attempts it. We have never had a flea proble...