Skip to main content

Table Top


So my job gets the huge reels that have plastic on it, once we are finished with a reel it gets broken down and thrown out. 

I decided one day that I wanted to see what I could do with one and this is what I came up with, this is going to be a table top for my wonderful grill master husband, of course this is an unfinished project at the moment, I am trying to find a base for the table and I will be covering it with an Epoxy Resin. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jasper's Cat Naps

Usually the reason for me having problems creating is becuase I have artist block or just too busy, well now I have a new problem. Mr. Jasper has found a new napping place. This creates a big problem on so many levels: He is in my way As you can see, he is very hairy and has a lot of hair balls which he has no issues getting rid of wherever he would like. Again, very hairy and he sheds, on everything including the painting I was working on. (good thing I was not happy with the painting). He will push off anything in his way Along with my art desk he has found a few other places, our computer desk, in front of the satellite receiver, the bathtub and the bin where I keep my art towels.  Along with is odd sleeping area he now has fleas. I will not say where he got these from but I do know the source. Now its off to the pet store to find a product to put on him because giving this cat a bath is a death sentence for anyone that attempts it. We have never had a flea proble...

My Three Trees

I have been experimenting with Ph Martin inks lately, I like them.  They are pretty much like watercolors but seem to have a bit more pigment in them. The background on this was done with the inks, the clouds and the foreground was done using black and white gouache.  I feel like I am the middle tree, my dreams are on one side of me growing larger and larger, while my regular 9 to 5 is on the other getting smaller. I am reaching for the dream but I still have the 9 to 5 pulling at me. One day it will only be the two trees and I intend on it being the larger one. Dream big and don't give up, through all the fog there is a bright future.

Lots of Patterns

Still just doodling away, my goal is to fill this small sketchbook up over the next few months.  The biggest challenge with this trying to use different patters for each section.